TOTE Maritime Alaska, the leader in safe and reliable service to Alaska, is seeking an expert and highly motivated Equipment Maintenance Supervisor for our Tacoma Terminal office to join the team.
In this position you will:
Be responsible for all terminal equipment, owned and leased trailer maintenance and repair. You will develop and manage equipment maintenance budget, labor requirements, inventory, and operational needs for timely delivery of serviceable equipment to TOTE’s customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for meeting all corporate and departmental goals and aligning with all business procedures and policies.
- Develop & lead to an approved budget, both capital and operating budgets. Responsible for the daily departmental operating costs on and off terminal.
- Create, maintain, and report critical metrics to senior to manager.
- Daily office management of the Maintenance, Damage and Parts.
- Establish and maintain an inventory of parts ordering procedure with vendors and maintenance personnel to maintain maximum efficiency of repair of equipment with minimum downtime.
- Monitor status of repair on vehicles/equipment to ensure efficient turnaround time.
- Use Enterprise Asset Management System capabilities to supervise all work orders and cost related to M/R of equipment. Reviewing maintenance, repair, and damage issues with manager.
- Review and authorize purchase orders and invoices.
- Ensure all inquiries and/or complaints are followed up in a timely manner.
- Maintain and make sure safety standards as established and required by the State of Washington, OSHA, and company policy.
- Specify and request quotes for terminal and trailer equipment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required with four years automotive/warehouse experience, with two of those years in a supervisory role.
- Broad knowledge of trailing equipment, automotive and reefer repair.
- Good organizational, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Basic math and accounting skills required.
- Must be a standout colleague.
- Computer literate, usage of standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
The TOTE Group are industry leaders in full ship services and technical solutions with maritime operations and terminal services. Our purpose is to deliver reliable and outstanding service to our customers and to the communities we serve.
TOTE Group is committed to being reliable, resourceful, and adaptable in all that we do. TOTE Group knows great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision.
Explore the possibilities with TOTE Group
The salary range is $52,900 – $92,600 with an anticipated hiring range $55,000 – $75,000. Pay will be based on several factors including the candidate’s education, work experience, work location and specific job duties.
As part of the team, full-time employees will receive a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, employee assistance program, 401(k) with company match and discretionary funding, tuition reimbursement, supplemental parental leave, jury duty, and bereavement leave. Full-time employees will receive a minimum of 10 days’ vacation, 10 days sick, 10 days paid holidays and one floating holiday every 12 months. In addition, we offer an annual discretionary bonus (based on eligibility).
TOTE Maritime is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Affirmative Action and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin disability or status as a protected veteran. TOTE Maritime is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Interested candidates should apply via the TOTE Maritime website at http://www.totemaritime.com/Careers
TOTE Maritime Alaska
US Mail to:
909 “A” Street Suite 1100
Tacoma, WA 98402
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability
Drug Free Workplace