Carlile: Serving Alaska for 40 Years
Carlile is a trucking and logistics company that’s proudly Alaskan. Headquartered in Anchorage, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. We provide a wonderful work life balance for our team members. If you’re looking for a long-term career – on the road or in the office – this is a unique place to build one.
Carlile’s training and career advancement programs turn beginners into elite professionals able to provide lifesaving supplies to customers living in some of the harshest conditions on Earth. Our Veteran Mentorship Program shows our deep respect for current and former members of the United States Armed Forces – drivers and mechanics as well as professional support staff are all invited to apply to become part of another proud tradition: serving Alaska.
Learn more about us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWATlFP15A0
Carlile prohibits discrimination due to race; gender, gender identity, or gender expression; sexual orientation; geographic background; national origin; culture; age; disability; veteran status; economic status; marital status; religious beliefs; or genetics.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Inspect truck and trailer(s) for defects through pre-trip, mid-trip and post-trip inspections and submit reports indicating their condition
- Operate box trucks, tractor trailers, flat beds and tankers under a variety of conditions, adhering to posted speed limits and all other local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Maintain driver e-logs and e-maintenance logs according to State and Federal regulations
- Make customer pick-ups and deliveries in a manner that reflects superior customer service
- Spot and park trucks to warehouse, chock wheels, and assist in loading and unloading trailers
- Maintain contact with dispatcher or warehouse manager to receive accurate dispatch instructions and report safety hazards and/or incidents involving the driver or any company equipment
- Ensure that cargo is secured for transport according to the FMCSRs
- Maintain a clean work environment including swept trailer, clean cab, windows, and mirrors
- Determine discrepancies in paperwork and correct before delivery
- Verify proper placarding when hauling HAZMAT
- Wellness Program
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Plan- after 2 years, 100% of 3% of eligible compensation
- Vacation Accrual
- 7 Holidays
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- High school education or a GED equivalent
- Class A CDL driver’s license with all endorsements, including HAZMAT
- Doubles certification preferred, but not required
- One to three years of verifiable safe driving experience preferred, newly graduated drivers welcomed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have excellent written, verbal and listening interpersonal skills
- Impeccable character, integrity, and unfailing initiative in a team environment.
- Must be customer focused and represent Carlile in a professional and friendly manner
- Must have an aptitude for electronic troubleshooting, assembly and disassembly.
- Must be able to prioritize daily tasks and assignments
- Must pay attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to multitask and have excellent time management skills
- Must be able to drive in adverse weather conditions, ice, snow, etc.
- Must have ability to chain-up and have experience with lift gates, pallet jacks, etc.
- Frequently works in outside weather conditions (extreme cold and inclement conditions – snow, ice, rain, wind, etc.).
- Exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vehicle vibration.
Carlile will make a reasonable accommodation(s) wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not impose an undue hardship on Carlile.