The Captain is responsible for the safe and efficient conduct of all flight operations to which he/she is assigned to.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Operates Company aircraft in a safe and efficient manner.
2. Reports punctually for duty in proper attire (i.e., in uniform for flight duty), at the appointed time and place, prior to the scheduled time of departure as stated in company manual.
3. Reads and initials pilot directives and NOTAMs. Reviews weather reports, forecast and flight planning documentation.
4. Complies with all regulations and Company policies and procedures applicable to the performance of duties.
5. Commands all crewmembers to assure proper execution of their various duties.
6. Coordinates flight planning with Dispatch and station personnel.
7. Boards aircraft no later than:
a. 20 minutes prior to departure for the initial flight of the day, and at least 10 minutes prior to departure for any subsequent flights.
8. Responsible for the safety of all crewmembers and cargo onboard the aircraft when the doors are closed.
9. Ensures that checklist and Company Procedures are complied with.
10. Responsible for the operation and safety of the aircraft from the time it first moves for the purpose of taking off to the time it is stopped at the designated parking area and the engines are shut down.
11. Oversee, monitor, and verify approved AAC GDAP procedures are safely followed for ground deicing/anti-icing of aircraft.
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college preferred but not required.
• FAA ATP Certificate
• First Class Medical Certificate
• 3000 Hr. total flight time
• 500 Hr. multi-engine
• 1000 Hr. Part 121 Flight Experience or eligible Military Experience (121.436)
• B737 type rating preferred.
• 500 Hr. in type (737) or similar preferred
• Valid U.S. Passport
• Must be eligible to work in the United States; this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship, such as an H-1B visa
• FCC Radio License
• Must be able to fluently read, speak and understand the English Language.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment