Bulk Fuel/Propane Driver
Department: Shelby Propane
Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time
Travel Requirements: Driving Position
Location: Valier or Shelby, Montana
About the Company
Ben Taylor, Inc is a subsidiary of CityServiceValcon, LLC (CSV), which was founded in 1932 and has a 90-year history of exemplary customer service. It joined the NorthStar Energy family of companies in March 2022. The company’s mission is to build a safe and balanced environment for its 200 employees while providing innovative and high-quality products to its customers.
CityServiceValcon is a market leader in fuel distribution across multiple product lines offering wholesale ground and aviation fuel programs from top national brands and independent refiners. Commercial products including propane, proprietary card lock, bulk fuel, and lubricants are distributed from its multiple locations across Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. The company serves customer needs in aviation, trucking, agriculture, mining, construction, government, and residential homes. CityServiceValcon’s experienced and long-tenured management team is committed to optimizing the business and has a track record of successful growth.
We are looking for a Bulk Fuel & Propane Driver to be responsible for safely and efficiently delivering Bulk Fuel and Propane, providing excellent customer service and maintaining a professional image as part of the company team.
You’ll report to the Plant Manager responsible for our Valier or Shelby, MT locations, focusing on these key responsibilities:
- Operate various types of delivery trucks and vehicles safely and efficiently. Operate other kinds of equipment such as boom trucks, as required.
- Exceed customer expectations, provide outstanding customer service, be alert to customer needs/issues and try to resolve them.
- Prepare customer invoices, cargo documents, and other paperwork completely, accurately, and legibly to assure product quality.
- Safely and efficiently perform Leak Tests when required by CSV Operations Manual. Have a basic understanding of propane service work.
- Maintain high standards of courtesy and respect for all customers and fellow employees.
- Maintain high company image standards for self. Personal appearance must be neat and well groomed. Uniforms must be clean.
- Maintain high company image standards for company vehicles. Trucks must be kept clean and neat both inside and outside.
- Arrange for routine truck maintenance and repair with supervisor in accordance with service intervals specified in the operations manual. Perform minor maintenance functions as required.
- Report any new competitor products, customers, or marketing strategies you see to your supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Class A or B CDL (prefer Class A) with hazardous material, tanker, and airbrake endorsements or the ability to obtain.
- Must pass a drug test, reference check, background check and motor vehicle records check before hire when driving hazardous materials.
- Must have basic knowledge of and comply with all DOT industry and company safety regulations.
- Willing to work long hours to meet customer needs.
- Ability to read and analyze general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government rules and regulations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and volume.
- Willing to be on-call on a rotating schedule once fully trained.
- 2 Weeks’ Vacation/year
- 5 Days of Sick Leave/year
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employer paid Basic Life, AD&D, and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 4% 401K Retirement Account Match
- Additional 3% Discretionary Contribution
- 6 Holidays/year
- Fuel, Propane, Lubricants Discount
CityServiceValcon, LCC and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, genetic information, the presence of a sensory, physical, or mental disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.