This position is primarily responsible for the operation of heavy equipment to move ground and air freight at the terminal as well as for ramp operations. The Loader Operator will also assist the with warehousing operations whenever necessary and may be required to pick up and deliver ground freight.
• $6.00 Location Premium
• Wellness Program
• Basic Life and AD&D
• Short and Long Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401K Plan
• 401K Plan Matching
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Operate forklifts to load and off-load aircraft cargo, and/or transport freight materials in the yard and warehouse
- Will perform daily equipment DVIR maintenance checks
- Prioritize work, assisting in warehouse operations and/or special projects whenever necessary
- Perform snow removal duties as needed
- Responsible for safely securing loads to pallets or dunnage prior to storage or transport
- Will maintain contact with company dispatcher and other customer’s point of contact
- May be required to operate a winch truck
- May be required to act as a lead
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- High school diploma, or GED equivalent
- Three to five years’ experience performing front end loader operation including the use of forks to load and off-load air freight
- Warehousing experience and basic computer skills required
- Class B CDL with HAZMAT endorsement is preferred
- Must be able to pass criminal background check to be issued a SIDA badge.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Basic understanding of DOT regulations, HazMat and OTR experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize and exhibit team players attitude
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Independent judgement and work prioritization skills in a high-pressure environment, while simultaneously managing various work assignments.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure with a high level of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Work well with internal departments, vendors, and customers
- Follow instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, completes tasks on time or communicates alternate plans
- Treat people with respect; keep commitments, inspire the trust of others, work with integrity and ethically, uphold organizational values
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions (extreme cold and inclement conditions – snow, ice, rain, wind, etc.). The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vehicle/equipment vibration.
Carlile will make a reasonable accommodation(s) wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not impose an undue hardship on Carlile.