As a HVAC Technician, your role with our company would involve performing various levels of preventative maintenance and repairs to company property. Using a combination of both pre-existing knowledge and on the job learning, as well as craft skills you would ensure company equipment is well maintained and advise on the most efficient use to team members.
Suitability for Position
To be successful in this job, you should be able to perform each essential duty outlined below to a satisfactory standard as outlined by Hawaii Petroleum leadership. The general requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- You must be 18 years of age or older with a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred.
- You must possess an accredited HVAC maintenance technician certification with progressive training and education within the field of HVAC.
- You must possess the ability to understand the basic functions of addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division as well as the ability to read and understand basic instructions and company policies and procedures.
- You must have a minimum of 2 years of Facilities Maintenance experience, with restaurant equipment maintenance experience desired.
- You must have access to your own suitable tools, specialized tools may be provided if approval is given from Senior Leadership.
- Reliable and appropriate transportation (i.e. Pick-up truck) is required for this role with Mileage Reimbursement being provide for business use of a personal vehicle.
- The ability to perform intermediate to advanced level work on Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems including a working knowledge of principles of use for optimum equipment life.
- You would possess the ability to educate and advise on proper use and care for all HVAC related assets across the company including within Convenience Stores and other company locations.
- You must be able to operate work related technology including company issued computers, tablets and/or a Smart Phone.
- Possession of a valid Type 3 Drivers License is required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of maintenance, repair, installation, fabrication and construction duties on varying pieces of equipment within company facilities.
- Prepare and maintain required maintenance records using data and information found throughout day to day workload.
- Be able to work both independently and with other Technicians or employees on various job assignments.
- Follow safety guideline/standards set by the company including proper use of safety equipment, e.g., head, shoe, ear, body cover, gloves, shield respirator, eye protection and proper tools.
- Be able to lift and move heavy loads up to 40 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times, climb ladders and other associated physical demands.
- On a regular, sustained basis, you would be required to cooperate with other staff members across the company to accomplish job duties.
- Serve as a HVAC expert and lead to ensure employees are educated on their responsibilities within each role to maximize system efficiency.
- Assist others in accomplishing theirs; serves as team player and role model for other employees·
- Reports to work as scheduled by department leadership and maintain a consistent and reliable work ethic.
- Attend all related and required company training and development courses to ensure maximum awareness of up-to-date policies and procedures..
- Comply with all Company Rules of Conduct, policies and procedures including remaining up to date on new and revised items when released by the company.
- Compliance with all federal, State, local and Company safety, health, and environmental regulations.
- Regular attendance. Qualified absences related to the State and Federal Family Medical leave Act must be reported to Human Resources.
- Performs other duties as required by company leadership and accept responsibility for work issued as assigned.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.