This position is primarily responsible for driving diesel-powered trucks to transport and deliver products and materials in liquid, loose, or packaged form. Candidate will drive tractor with two trailers hitched in tandem (doubles) and may be required to haul hazardous materials.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSE policies and procedures, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle in difficult situations
- Inspects truck & trailer for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating their condition
- Maintain driver logs and maintenance logs according to State and Federal regulations
- Assist workers in loading and unloading trailers; Operate up to 20,000# forklifts and other yard equipment for loading, unloading, decking trailers;
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with terminals to receive instructions;
- May be required to perform emergency roadside repairs, for example changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains;
- Ensure that cargo is secured for transport according to the FMCSR’s and CSA requirements.
- Maintain a clean work environment including swept trailer, clean cab, windows, and mirrors
- Determine discrepancies in paperwork and verify proper placarding when hauling HAZMAT
- Any other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A candidate must possess the skills in each of the following areas in order to be considered for the position.
- Class A CDL with all endorsements, including Hazmat
- At least 3 years of verifiable safe driving experience
- Doubles certification required
- Record of safe and competent driving as demonstrated on driver’s abstract and driving files.
- Experience in snow and ice road conditions.
- Parks Highway and Richardson Highway experience a plus
- Position requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and meet regulatory deadlines.
- Impeccable character, integrity, and unfailing initiative in a team environment.
- Must have a current Passport and the ability to enter Canada.
- Must be customer focused. Must represent Carlile in a professional and friendly manner
- Must be able to pass a Fit for Duty Test.
- Position may require one to be out on the road 90% of the time.
- Qualified candidates must be able to pass a criminal background screen and drug test.