This position will run on the Wednesday through Saturday shift from 5:00am to 3:00pm (a 4-day, 10-hour shift).
The Stores & Logistics Agent plays a vital role in the operation of the Aircraft Maintenance Department. It will be the responsibility of the Stores & Logistics Agent to carry out the normal day-to-day activities associated with the warehousing and distribution of aircraft parts, materials and tooling in support of maintenance activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requisitioning, receiving, storing, issuing/disbursing, transferring, exchanging, shipping and ensuring delivery of aircraft parts, tooling, equipment and materials.
- Maintaining inventory control and integrity; data accuracy and compliance processes.
- Maintaining the preservation of materials and/or tooling within established specifications and/or company requirements by following the appropriate policies and procedures. (e.g., Shelf Life, static sensitive parts, hazmat, etc.)
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with Aircraft Maintenance personnel on the distribution and/or fulfillment of parts, materials and tooling requirements.
- Provides purchasing support by analyzing and selecting proper methods of procurement with consideration of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
- Conducts logistics planning processes and execution in support of aircraft maintenance operations.
- Maintaining a neat and orderly work environment and operation.
- Responsible for the safe operation of mechanical and manual material handling equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following requirements represent the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a general education degree or high school diploma.
- Previous warehouse, logistics, or similar type supply function and/or materials handling experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with professionalism and accuracy.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office Products (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history records check and security threat assessment.
- Ability to deliver regular and predictable attendance.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to work a schedule accommodating a 24/7 operation with minimum supervision. (e.g., holidays, weekends or non-traditional hours)
- Work overtime on short notice when operationally necessary.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with high productivity and accuracy.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to respond to change or multiple work demands.
- Must possess strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 70lbs utilizing proper equipment or assistance.
Special Position Requirements
- Successful completion of all operation required training and tests, including hazardous material handling.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
NAC is part of Saltchuk which is a family of diversified transportation and distribution companies with a vision to serve our customers by being the best in North America. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our organization — in a work environment where anyone would be proud for their children to work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with eh application process please email RecruitingTeam@nac.aero.