Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate important customer transactional information to other departments and employees
- Work cross functionally to build relationships, enhance communication, resolve issues, and identify opportunities for improving existing processes/services.
- Be a role model within the organization, act in accordance with TOTE values, and continually strive to exceed customer expectations in daily activities.
- Manage department email boxes as assigned.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the industry and the TOTE specific terminology and procedures of freight movement, documentation and regulatory agencies.
- Check for accuracy of information provided by master Bill of Lading versus Booking information and update the back office system with shipment information.
- Understand and assist with the vessel reconciliation process. (VMR)
- Educate customers with regards to documentation and regulatory requirements. (VMR)
- Process customer’s paperwork to ensure information is accurate, complete, and timely in order to comply with Manifest requirements. (VMR)
- Manage Documentation and VMR email box, attached paperwork to eDocs and request missing paperwork from customer to reduce proformas. (VMR)
- Manage pending match 304 report for EDI shipments. (VMR)
- Manage SJUDOCUMENTATION email box for northbound documents and attach paperwork to eDocs (VMR)
- Troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies within Internal departments by communication with External customers. (VMR)
- Develop an understanding of customer business models/processes for assigned accounts.
- Evaluate customer needs and recommend solutions to ensure the timely receipt of required information.
- Take a leadership role in communicating transactional information for assigned accounts. Take ownership of their accounts and create work instructions, procedures and train other shipment service coordinators on their accounts.
- Perform pre-audits or post-audits on shipments completed by other shipment service coordinators, when needed.
- Manage customer transactions including: Vessel Match & Release, Documentation, Rating, Invoicing and problem resolution.
- Understand and assist with the vessel reconciliation process.
- Identify obligor/payer information and ensure correct code is applied for proper invoicing purposes. (INV)
- Process postal invoices daily complying with customer requirements. (INV)
- Ensure split billing invoices are closed and sent in addition to running reports for Invoices Generated but not Printed. (INV)
- Communicate with Shoreside and other department to finalize accessorial notification. (INV)
- Validate all appointment information received from Shoreside matches CargoWise. (INV)
- Reconcile any discrepancies with Shoreside appropriately. (INV)
- Notify customer of potential accessorial charge incurred due to unexpected action or event. (INV)
- Send Pre-Notice and final Notice to customer. (INV)
- Ensure all POD is received from facility timely and accurately. (INV)
- Attached all accessorial notification and all correspondent to EDOCS. (INV)
- Bill all accessorial charges timely. (INV)
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Adherence to the Integrated Management System that covers Quality, Environmental, and Safety (International Organization for Standardization) certifications.
- Experience in a deadline-driven production environment
- Must demonstrate an attention to detail
- Computer / data entry skills required
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred but not required
- Applicant must possess a high school diploma, with a minimum of one year of college or related equivalent experience
- Ocean Transportation/Logistics experience preferred
“TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Affirmative Action and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin disability or status as a protected veteran. TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.”