The Package Handler reports to the Lead Package Handler. Are you a dynamic and outgoing person looking to join a diverse team of fun and energetic professionals? We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you are fast-paced dynamic worker looking to make a difference in the workplace, this is a great opportunity to dive in and continue to build an operation we are proud of!
This position supports the main sortation, mail sortation, and audit processes as assigned. The sortation process is fluid based on the pallets received and the split between large packages and small packages/envelopes. This process is currently scheduled for an evening to early morning operation. The sortation operation is conducted 7-days per week. Work on the weekend may be required.
Legacy Logistics is a third-party logistics company dedicated to providing the most innovative solutions for the Multinational Logistics Corporations (MLCs) we serve. We enable the MLC to deepen customer relationships by applying our expertise across many verticals (ocean, air, road, final mile, etc.). Through our vast network of contacts and partners, we offer a buffet of complex services that most MLCs are unable to easily offer on their own. Acting as the MLC, Legacy is able to capture incremental profit and deepen relationships with shippers – all to the benefit of the partnered MLC.
$17 / HR
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Accident insurance
- Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for unloading packages of various sizes from air cans in a safe and efficient manner.
- Sort packages based on alpha-numeric codes and/or zip codes. Placing them in a bin or by pallets for scanning.
- Pull packages that are missorted to wrong destination or damaged and place in designated area.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Immediately report any unsafe working conditions to supervisor and/or manager.
- Follow scanning process and accurately scan packages to the pallet/shuttle/bag.
- Follow proper procedure for building stable pallets and shuttles for transport.
- Utilize pallet jacks to move and stage all pallets for auditing and transport to post office.
- Work as a team moving loaded and empty ULDs between dolly transport to static racks safely and in all weather conditions.
- Attend daily pre-sort and post-sort meetings.
- Able to multi-task and work effectively under a minimum level of supervision in a fast-paced environment, strong problem-solving skills.
- Contribute to a safe working environment.
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures.
- Ability to stand/walk for designated work hours.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Demonstrate a consistent capability of working cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Positive work history and ability to maintain solid attendance.
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
- Available to work extended hours as needed.
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Must be friendly and helpful with a professional disposition.
- Be able to take direction from leads, warehouse supervisor, and managers.
The work requires routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying items weighing less than fifty pounds. Moving items over fifty pounds will be done using team lift.
It is Legacy’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.