This position is responsible for our customer’s general freight transport by way of pickups and deliveries.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Inspect truck and trailer(s) for defects through pre-trip, mid-trip and post-trip inspections and submit reports indicating their condition
- Operate box trucks, tractor trailers, flat beds and tankers under a variety of conditions, adhering to posted speed limits and all other local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Maintain driver e-logs and e-maintenance logs according to State and Federal regulations
- Make customer pick-ups and deliveries in a manner that reflects superior customer service
- Spot and park trucks to warehouse, chock wheels, and assist in loading and unloading trailers
- Maintain contact with dispatcher or warehouse manager to receive accurate dispatch instructions and report safety hazards and/or incidents involving the driver or any company equipment
- Ensure that cargo is secured for transport according to the FMCSRs
- Maintain a clean work environment including swept trailer, clean cab, windows, and mirrors
- Determine discrepancies in paperwork and correct before delivery
- Verify proper placarding when hauling HAZMAT
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- High school education or a GED equivalent
- Class A CDL driver’s license with all endorsements, including HAZMAT
- Doubles certification preferred, but not required
- One to three years of verifiable safe driving experience preferred, newly graduated drivers welcomed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Impeccable character, integrity, and unfailing initiative in a team environment.
- Must be customer focused and represent Carlile in a professional and friendly manner
- Must have an aptitude for electronic troubleshooting, assembly and disassembly.
- Must be able to prioritize daily tasks and assignments
- Must pay attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to multitask and have excellent time management skills
- Must be able to drive in adverse weather conditions, ice, snow, etc.
- Must have ability to chain-up and have experience with lift gates, pallet jacks, etc.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions (extreme cold and inclement conditions – snow, ice, rain, wind, etc.). The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vehicle vibration. May also be exposed to long periods of isolation time while driving or resting.
Carlile will make a reasonable accommodation(s) wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not impose an undue hardship on Carlile.